Dienstag, 27. März 2012

2nd day at work


This morning I got up, originally I wanted to go running outside, but there no way I couold get up quick. But the view from my hotel window helped. I am on the 22nd floor. So I ended up again on the treadmill. I still haven’t been able to switch time-zones. I have no idea why it is so difficult this time. I can’t go to bed at all and when the alarm goes off it feels like a truck ran over me.  I think who wants to get up at 1 am CET. Still, this morning I really enjoyed going to work, I had a little bit of time got the “intercontinental breakfast” at the subway station. This is much better than taking a taxi. Walking around your own pace to and taking the subway actually allow me to “feel” the city.

There actually is a button for english



But again at work it was great, we had great meetings, met a lot of smart people, they teach me a lot of stuff. And tons of good ideas. This is fun. I am just so tired. And the lady at the restaurant already knows that I want an extra shot espresso in my cappuccino.
View on the office, IBM is next to Marvell and Nvidia.
Thin slices of pork with cucumber
Hard to read, but the english text reads as  "duck ass"
Here is something fun for a change. Yeah, I know, it i about food ... again. I have been assured, this is not duck ass. But we still didn't order it.

As you can see, they took me out to a great diner. Amazing with a show where they had somebody dancing and changing masks all the time. And knowing that I will start to be boring, there was much more great food, I got to try, however, while it was a bit difficult for the rabbit heads and the stuff from the middle of a pig (I didn’t ask for details), there were 20 other dishes which were really great (of course,  pictures will follow).
There are tons of remarkable things, for example if you hang your jacket over your chair, they put a cover on top of it, they explained to me that they want to protect our clothes, but I guess they want to also make it look nice. 
 And again, my workaround to access very normal web pages and applications was broken.
The „Great Firewall“ is what they call it. Got it to work again, again meetings. I am soooo tired.
Have a good night. I need to pack. 
And thanks everybody for being with me on the journey.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen