Donnerstag, 29. März 2012

Peking Duck

You can just imagine by watching the traffic, how crowded the city is. We didn't get a seat on the shuttle so my peer from Shanghai and myself took the taxi. Huge blocks with appartements left and right, IBM is north of the city in a new technology park. It is surrounded by previous settlements as you can see here.  Hard to imagine how it was there before. The surrounding area gives a hint.
Then into the technology park, all high tech. It is nice, warm  and windy. But the air is incredibly dry.


View from the hotel room this morning
Hard to imagine how it was there before. 
The surrounding area gives a hint.
Then into the technology park, all high tech. It is nice, warm  and windy. 
But the air is incredibly dry.
Housing around the technology park
IBM Bejin
Getting to IBM, I realized I didn't have a coffee yet, so I got one and guess 
what I saw next to the cashier. Two famous chocloate brands next to each other.
Cafeteria
Grüsse nach Waldenbuch


 As you can guess, it is about food again. Traffic is really heavy in Bejing, you can feel how crowded the city is. IBM is outside north of the city, in a huge technology park, most of the buildings are really new.
And, besides the technical reviews, we had great meetings, that closed with a session in the most famous restaurant in Bejing, that if famous for Peking Duck.
See the duck? One of ours.
duck, pork, chicken paws in mustard sauce ....

 At night, before the "afternoon meetings" start at 8pm I am back in the hotel. I am so stuffed. The food was great, but I am so stuffed, I can hardly concentrate, finally I got those famous chicken paws, duck liver and great fish along with two peking ducks. And you actually eat it like fajitas, There is bread or salad, where a soja sauce along with duck meat and vegetables is being placed, wrapped together (no rules, I was assured).
Sorry for the bad formatting ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen